Skip links

How I Can Help

Congratulatory Messages Which level of Government? Grants, Funding and Rebates Useful Contacts

Which Level of Government?

What your State MP can help with

I can help with social housing, public schools, public hospital, emergency services, public transport and Revenue NSW.

If you have a State Government issue I may be able to assist with information, or by making representations to the relevant department or Minister.

You can find your state electorate by searching through the NSW Electoral Commission.

What your local council can help with

Council can help the majority of roads, footpaths, land rates, residential development, rubbish collection and sporting fields. You can lodge requests through council websites, by calling directly, or by speaking to one of your local councillors.

Information for Newcastle council can be found at –

Information for Port Stephens council can be found at –

What your Federal MP can help with

Your Federal MP can help with immigration, taxation, aged care, tertiary education, defence, Centrelink, Medicare, child support, veterans’ affairs and telecommunications.

The Federal Member for Newcastle is Sharon Claydon MP and she can be contacted via The Federal Member for Paterson is Meryl Swanson MP and she can be contacted via

You can find your federal electorate by searching through the Australian Electoral Commission.

Congratulatory Messages

I send out congratulatory messages for 21st, 80th, 90th and 100th birthdays to people living in the Newcastle state electorate.

I am also happy to send messages for milestone wedding anniversaries. These messages can also be received from the Prime Minister, Premier, Governor and Federal MP. To arrange a message please contact my office at least four weeks before the birthday or anniversary to allow time for processing and postage. You will need to supply supporting documentation such as a birth or marriage certificate. If the document is not available you can provide a statutory declaration.

Eligibility requirements for congratulatory messages

50th wedding
50th plus wedding
80th plus
90th plus
NSW PremierYesYesYes and every fifth year thereafterYesYes
Prime MinisterYesYesNoYesYes
Governor of NSW*Yes55th and every fifth year thereafterNoYes95th and every fifth year thereafter
Governor-GeneralYesYesNoNo100th and every fifth year thereafter
The QueenNo60th and every fifth year thereafterNoNo100th and every fifth year thereafter
SpeakerYesYes and every fifth year thereafterYes and every fifth year thereafterYesYes

* Where one of the listed milestones is missed, a letter may be requested for the next anniversary or birthday.

The Department of Premier and Cabinet accepts requests for wedding and birthday messages no sooner than six weeks before the celebration and up to three months after the event.

Grants, Funding and Rebates

Community Building Partnership

This is annual program which provides $400,000 to the electorate for projects that deliver positive social, environmental, and recreational outcomes while promoting community participation, inclusion and cohesion.

Incorporated not-for-profit community organisations and local councils are eligible to apply for grants of between $5000 and $150,000. More information can be found on the Community Building Partnership website.

Local Sport Grant Program

This program provides grants of between $500 and $15,000 for projects under the categories of sport development, sport events, sport access or sport facility. A total of $50,000 is available to the electorate.

Information about eligibility can be found on the Local Sport Grant Program website.

Federal Government, Local Government and private sector grants.

The Newcastle Grant Finder allows you to search for open grant programs across the public and private sectors.


Greater Cities Sport Facility Fund

The Greater Cities Sport Facility Fund is a major sports infrastructure program, which provides grants of between $100,000 and $1 million for sport infrastructure projects that can directly impact and support participation and performance opportunities in sports at all levels.

More information is available on the fund’s website.

State Government Rebates

Several rebates are available through Service NSW to ease the cost of living, including on energy bills, public transport and vehicle registration.

Use the Service NSW Savings Finder tool to see what you may be eligible for.

Useful Contacts

Community Contacts

John Hunter Hospital
Lookout Road, New Lambton Heights
Phone: 4921 3000

Calvary Mater Hospital
Edith Street, Waratah
Phone: 4921 1211

GP Access After Hours
Phone: 1300 130 147

Newcastle Police Station
1 Watt St, Newcastle
Phone: 4929 0999

Waratah Police Station
30 Harriet St, Waratah
Phone: 4926 6599

Police Assistance Line (non-emergencies)
131 444

City of Newcastle Council
12 Stewart Ave, Newcastle
Phone: 4974 2000

Social Housing – Newcastle
615 Hunter St, Newcastle
Phone: 1800 422 322

Social Housing Maintenance Line
1800 422 322


Health Care Complaints Commission
Phone: 9219 7444 or 1800 043 159

Law Enforcement Conduct Commission
Phone: 9321 6700 or 1800 657 079

NSW Fair Trading
Phone: 13 32 30

Energy and Water Ombudsman
Phone: 1800 246 545

Assistance with legal matters
Phone: 1300 888 529

Community Justice Centre
Dispute assistance
Phone: 1800 990 777

Revenue NSW
Taxes, fees and fines

Mental Health, Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault

Phone: 13 11 14
Text: 0477 13 11 14

NSW Rape Crisis Centre
Phone: 1800 424 017

LGBTIQ+ Violence Service
Phone: 1800 497 212

Newcastle Sexual Assault Service
Phone: 4924 6333 (day) or 4921 3888 (after hours)

Phone: 1800 184 527 (3pm – midnight)

Kids Helpline
Phone: 1800 55 1800

MensLine Australia
Phone: 1300 789 978

Phone: 1800 650 890

Suicide Callback
Phone: 1300 659 467

NSW Domestic Violence Line
Phone: 1800 65 64 63

Phone: 1800 737 732

About Me

Learn More Here


Learn More Here